Sunday, June 22, 2008

All about Tobie...

On an average night at approximately 11pm, you'll find me in my ugliest and most comfortable P.J's, making multiple trips to the potty with a little girl who insists "Mommy, I poop."
You'll also see bags under my eyes and sense the frustration in my voice.

By 11:30, hopefully you'll see that we've finally fallen asleep (on a good night).

Then, by 4am, you'll see that the same little girl now has me in a choke hold, screaming "HOLD ME!"

It's a strange cycle. When I wake up in the morning, all the previous night's frustration is gone and I can't help but smile as she wakes me up with a slobbery kiss.

Tobie is now 23 months, in approximately 2 weeks, she'll be 2 years old.

I don't know where the time has gone! It's all gone by so quickly, and I already feel like I'm losing my baby. My father-in-law once told me, "As soon as little girls start walking, they've already begun walking away from you." Noooooooooooo! I don't want her to go to school, start dating, go to college, get married or have kids-BACK OFF-she's my baby forever!

She's grown and matured so much! Not long ago she was still a breastfeeding 7lb little baby!
Tobie does so much-that writing everything would take more time than I have.

She talks so much, runs so much, climbs so much and just does so much!

I can't help but to already notice what a caring person she is...
When she sees me doing laundry, she stands by me and says "Thank you Mommy."
If I clean her toys or serve her a drink, she says "Thank you mommy."
If I'm in a bad mood, she gives me a kiss, and says, "I'm sorry. Mommy, are you sad?"

My favorite thing happened for the first time tonight during our hectic bedtime.
I was watching a movie with her and out of nowhere, she turned to me and said "I love you mama."

I smiled at her and said, "I love you too!"

I've heard those words from so many people-including Son-but never has it meant so much than coming from an almost two year-old.

1 comments:

HappyOrtons said...

What precious little girl you have!
Enjoy all those wonderful moments because they go so quickly.